New Slot-it

tvwino

I seem to remember not liking these 'cause they didn't look like 'real' jaguars (the factory was three mile up the road from where I lived in Coventry).  :)

Want it though!  :D

I hear ya... but then does anything that runs at Le Mans in the LMP level classes actually look anything like it's stablemates - not even close to being a cousin of something street derived.

Audi - NO

Bentley - NO

Porsche - NO

Cadillac - NO

MG - NO

This will stop me looking for a Scalextric version, in the same livery.

If only they'd do the XJ220 as well.

Oh - what did you do wrong... why were you sent to Coventry?

:-)

Now if they would just do the Toyota GT-one, Bentley EXP 8, Mazda 787.................

I'd say chances are good, as they are also doing a Lancia LC2 from Le Mans 1984 (ish). It's great that thery are picking Le Mans Prototype class cars, and as the Mazda and Bentleys won, you never know...

1996-7 Porsches did.

weren't they GT1's rather than prototype (LMP) class cars?

You follow my point though, that you don't associate the prototype category cars at Le Mans with normal road cars - even if they retain their signature grill - makes them even more exotic.

I lived there from when I was about five 'till twelve. Before that on the outskirts of birmingham. The big worry was moving from a city of three million at a time when you're getting old enough to understand girls & punk rock then moving to a country town of 10,000 with sheep & Slim Dusty. Was a culture shock! :o

The good thing is I was on the first plane into Sydney on All Fools day '77 - there's got to be something in that!! :D

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

I lived there from when I was about five 'till twelve. Before that on the outskirts of birmingham. The big worry was moving from a city of three million at a time when you're getting old enough to understand girls & punk rock then moving to a country town of 10,000 with sheep & Slim Dusty. Was a culture shock! :o

The good thing is I was on the first plane into Sydney on All Fools day '77 - there's got to be something in that!! :D

Ah, punk rock and Birmingham, two words that go together. How did that Sex Pistols song go?

She was a girl from Birmingham

She just had an _________.

Eno now you are bringing back some fun memories.

As for the Slotit Jag. I have the Scalextric Silk Cut version as I loved those cars. I am looking forward to that one as well as the Sauber they are eventualy doing.

There were some great looking LMP's around that time.

The McLaren F1 GTR also had a similar look to these cars. Imagine a Slotit Longtail version of the McLaren.

• 11 months later...

I quite like the way Slot-it go about their business. Remember when they realised they'd put the wrong "brand" of tyres on one of the cars (Dunlop rather than Bridgestone or vice versa) they swapped the tyres to the correct ones (delaying delivery) but threw the others in anyhow.

Sweet! :lol:

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.