tvwino

Change Of Scenery

Well, after a little over 7 years in Sydney, and nearly 7 years in San Diego before that, my wife and I have decided to move the family back to the UK.

I had my last Tuesday night race last week, a really enjoyable 2 hour enduro using the Racer Sideway DP's on Jims 8 lane Carerra.

THEY ARE AWESOME - if you haven't raced them, take the magnets out and give them a go - did I mention they are Awesome!

Congrats to Vinno and MattG for their win - they obviously didn't get the memo that I was supposed to win, being my last race night :D

Many thanks to all who were there, and I'll post up photos of that awesome Slot.It Jag that Jim organised, and Josef so expertly painted for me.

I was a brilliant surprise, and left me truly speechless. Thanks to all of you for a great night.

I guess I should also congratulate my son, as he (Ryan) and Jason pipped Josef and I for 2nd.

Sorry for the late post - I'm in the UK now, landed here on Tuesday morning. It was sunny too - amazing - although it's been grey since that first day.

I left the UK in 1996, and most people who know me well are probably surprised to know I've returned, but the time to return had come.

I love Sydney, and have many great memories and some great friends including many of those in the Slot fraternity.

I dare say now I'm away from Sydney, I'll probably be more active again on the forum - have to stay in touch with what's happening down under somehow.

It's been a hectic few weeks, and it's proven hard juggling ebay sales, garage sales and the like, plus wrapping up work and saying goodbye to friends etc

My wife and eldest son are still in Sydney for another 4 weeks, but I needed to be in the UK this week, hence the hasty move.

I'll miss Sydney for sure, but on the upside, I'm only 30 minutes from Goodwood now - and I wont need to be up at 2am or 4:30am to watch the EPL and Champions league games. Oh, and there's no Rugby League teams in Portsmouth and but we'll miss going to Brooky Oval for the NRL games.

The slot fraternity has provided me many good friends - you all know who you are, and I'll miss the rapport - stay in touch.

Au Revoir for now.

Mike

Hey Mike, Didn't know you were moving back until your email last week.

Reckon the guys will miss you as well matey.

Hope all goes well back home and the great thing about the internet and forums, It can seem like next door.

Take care, hope we can catch up some day in the future.

Cheers Mel.

PS: do you need me to look after the missus B):lol: :lol: :D

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Hi Mike

sorry I didn't get to say goodbye while I was in Sydney. Work got in the way of slotting . . . happens sometimes despite our best intentions.

All the best with fitting back into the old country.

Walks upright Unaided  *  Ties Own Shoelaces  *  Can Mispronounce Own Name In Five Languages  *  Mostly Aims Rattle Cans Away from Self
 My Track Oakland Raceway V2     Our Club  HMBRC     

hmm - think of all those bargains you will get a slot car swap meets and by being able to buy from eBay UK with out the big postage or having to get up early or stay up late to win an auction.

DM

Hey Mike, Didn't know you were moving back until your email last week.

Yes, was a bit sudden - and I missed that last race night at Joe's too - even had my open GT M3 thingy prepped and ready.

Hi Mike

sorry I didn't get to say goodbye while I was in Sydney. Work got in the way of slotting . . . happens sometimes despite our best intentions.

All the best with fitting back into the old country.

Hey Mark, yes was sorry to not catch you, but I know how it goes with work.

hmm - think of all those bargains you will get a slot car swap meets and by being able to buy from eBay UK with out the big postage or having to get up early or stay up late to win an auction.

DM

Swap meets - yep, looking forward to catching some of those...

Morning Mike

You'll be happy to know that it's about 20 deg at the moment not a cloud in the sky and heading for 26

But in Sydney you never know when Godzilla will turn up again

30161c90.jpg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017