Sign in to follow this  
MOPARGREG

1965 Plymouth Barracuda

Steve, I can not read Spanish or Chinese. I also have ordered 1 x Eh to replicate a car my brother had when we were kids. Give you a go when it up and runing. (will need more that tripple SUs to pass you though) Good luck with the build mate, all the best Paul. :P

Tripple SU's hey , :lol:

Im think I will use a Mabuchi block and fit it out with a Plafit crank then top it off a High compression Parma head. Then back it up with a Ausrace 4 speed pinion - passing the power onto a 3.27 scalextric crown gear ;)

P.S. I had a look at the body and its just like my old EH - No floor

Edited by BMR

That'd be right, MJK supplied the kit with rusted out floor boards. Just like the real ones :P;)

Hey Paul slots, make sure you fit the 186 bored out to 192 and triple webers to the EH. Had a friend with a HR with that combo, a few welding rods in the banjo and the thing would lock up nicely and get the power down real well. With that combo you'll give BMR a real run for his money. :lol:

cheers

rick1776

That'd be right, MJK supplied the kit with rusted out floor boards. Just like the real ones :o:P

Hey Paul slots, make sure you fit the 186 bored out to 192 and triple webers to the EH. Had a friend with a HR with that combo, a few welding rods in the banjo and the thing would lock up nicely and get the power down real well. With that combo you'll give BMR a real run for his money. :D

Ah yes the CIG locker diff , good on the race track but for street driving I used bananas in the diff so it has some genuine limited slip . Also stops the howling noises quite well ;)

I actually did use a banana to shut up a noisey diff - skins and all - it actually did work , don't know how long it worked for as I sold the car :);):lol:

I also remember choking the old 179 with a bottle of REDEX down the carby - more smoke than a Victor Bray burnout . Cleaned all the carbon away from inside the old motor then quickly overfilled the sump up with a can of instant oil pressure - Can't recall the brand name but it must have given the thing 20psi more oil pressure and shut the noisey lifters up nicely . Nicked a can of Dads RP7 to polish up the duco , Mums Mr Sheen for the insides - mmm love that shiney green vinyl , then shoe polished the tyres . easy money , I must have made $500.00 profit on that first car

Hee hee STEVES CAR SALES - " trust me this thing will get ya to Melbourne and back matey " :P

MJK have got to start doing some Ford product ;)

A Mk II Zephyr would be sweet, my dad would want one for sure! He took me home from the old Mt Gambier hospital in one of those back in '67

I would seriously like one of these Barracudas though. What chassis to run under it? MJK? Pioneer Mustang? I guess it depends on class rules

Edited by Burglar

ff48s6.jpg