The Beast Is Coming.

kalbfellp

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see you are finished Gazza I am a bit behind but getting close. Just decals some detail painting and interior and it will be ready to go. Might have trouble getting to it this week but will be right for the race weekend in 2 weeks. Here's a shot with the wheel centres in. Moffat 73 Bathurst winner. I took a leaf out of Stubbo's book and made the blue all one colour as I don't like the darker blue on the sills of the 1 to 1 car. Also left the front spoiler on which the real car did not have.

Moffatxa7304.jpg

This is next to a Scalex Camaro to show how low it will sit. It needs to be as low as possible to compensate for the extra weight.

Moffatxa7305.jpg

Finished the XA Coupe, ready for the next TransAm round in a couple of weeks

DSC03789.jpg

Running the SCX Cudda Chassis

Well I suppose that will give the FORD a chance :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: smiley-whacky025.gif

Nice work there Gaz ;)

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

can these still be obtained at all anyone know?? both the falcon and the torana? they are awesome.

Contact Phil (kalbfellp) or go to his Tassie Resin site Here

The torana is a repaint of a scaley

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Still a couple of details to finish like wipers and exhaust but it is nearly complete and ready to race. As it is a race car I am not going to fit mirrors as they will most likely come off when rubbing door handles. Giving it a run tonight to get the weight right. It is 102 grams with a little lead underneath so hopefully I don't need to add much more and it will be close to the rest of the field. It is nice and wide so should be more competitive than the XY.

Moffatxa7306.jpg

Nice work there guys on both the falcons . Can the wheels get out a little wider or are you limited by club rules .

ps is it just the angle of the photos , the front wheels look like they can come out a bit wider

pps , probably said it before somewhere but very nice job by Phil making the bodies as well

Edited by BMR

Good job Vince, they'll look great running at the next TransAm meet

On mine i'm running the standard scx cudda chassis so the inside the guards have been "trimmed" to fit, the angle doesn't help

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

I really can't get the wheels wider in the chassis as the guards limit them but it is probably not as narrow as it looks. It is the same width as a Scalex Camaro in track can't really go wider without having the guards too thin and breaking under impact. We did find they are quite flexible with hot water so it is possible to widen it a little more but I didn't go there.

The wheels are Slot.it plastic 15 X 8 on the front and aluminium versions one the rear simply to make it easier to work with. I used the wheels from one of the Ozlegends XY's and turned them down as they are easy to work with having an axle already so they go OK in a drill. The Ozlegned will get some different wheels to sit in the pits of my track once I finish it.

I tested it last night at FPV's place which is Boslot's old track and it is a little slower than my Pioneer Mustang but still should be competitive on the faster tracks. It is a little light in the chassis so I may add another 5 grams which will make it a bit heavier than the rest of the class but it is near enough not to worry. I am pretty happy with it and it should look good against all the bloody SCX Cuda's that the other guys are running.