Power Base Problem

kpphotos

I have an old 6 car controller base (stock), I'm going to vacum the track just in case there is a short somewhere, but the problem I have is an overlaod problem.

When I turn it on (to 12v) the base starts beeping, when I lower the voltage down to 10v its stop but I have all "DDDDD" across the screen. Any ideas or is it time to go the mods.

Cheers

Hi

Well got the Dyson on it get to make sure there was nothing shorting the track.

No luck, still over loading when I crank it up to 12 volts

So I get 8 white bars across the top of the screen at 10 volts.

They go out at 11 volts but the base does not initialise no version number comes up (1.2v)

After that it overloads, taking it back down to 10 volts all I get is two rows of "D's" across the screen.

So if anyone has any ideas that would be great.

Cheers

Try the p/b seperated from the track....

The early versions (1.2v is one) did have a dodgy output...

Have'nt heard of these symptoms before though..

Sounds like you need to get the "simple H/pb pro" mod kpphotos......

"You Maniacs!.... You blew it up!.. Ah, damn you!...God damn you all to hell! "

PB-Pro is 95 quid, plus 10 quid for fan if you decide to take the fan option. 18 quid for postage and 20 quid for the RichG cable.

However the exchange rate is extremely good at the moment, as it appreciates and based on the UK/USD situation it may be more expensive as the robot boards are sourced from US.

All up it will probably cost you closer to $300 AUD...

Cheers

Mark

RichG on Slot Forum, will cost you @ $80

Plus postage and parts, I'd be thinking....?

PB-Pro is 95 quid, plus 10 quid for fan if you decide to take the fan option. 18 quid for postage and 20 quid for the RichG cable.

However the exchange rate is extremely good at the moment, as it appreciates and based on the UK/USD situation it may be more expensive as the robot boards are sourced from US.

All up it will probably cost you closer to $300 AUD...

Cheers

Mark

Well at least I can save on the cable my mate made one already for me, so maybe about $230 with the current exchange rate.

Has anyone tried doing this at home, just buying the parts from the US.

Better off asking Rich or Riko to do it for you, not an easy mod.

Guys PB Pro will cost you $80 all up with postage for the mod. if the processor is shot (which it sounds like) it will cost you another $20.

As aussieslotter has said speak to RichG, DO NOT do this from home!!! :) I have had RichG do this a couple of times and it is worth the effort. There are a few ways that you can go, if you want the simple H done as well it will cost you more and then the fan will cost you a bit more again (I did these myself as did Rick), but it will be less than $200AUD including postage.

Check out the web site here PB Pro web site

Paul NZ - Scale with Detail!

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09