Podded Round 9 Marsden Park

Terry

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys,

I'm in deep s**t at home here,I schedules the running of the cars on the weekend,forgot to consider the fact that our daughters deep into HSC stuff,my lifes not worth risking to have the event on next week.

I'll have to consider new dates bearing in mind study times for the upcoming few weeks.

Sorry,this will happen 1 day.....................

Terry

Hi Guys,

just while I think of it.

Beejay7's Porsche is actually my porsche . . sort of.

I "acquired" it via the Bushfire fundraising auction, so if the cars are due to be returned to the owners after this round? ze black porsche, she comes-a to sheep country you knows.....

if there ia another podded round to come, ignore this message.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hi Guys,

just while I think of it.

Beejay7's Porsche is actually my porsche . . sort of.

I "acquired" it via the Bushfire fundraising auction, so if the cars are due to be returned to the owners after this round? ze black porsche, she comes-a to sheep country you knows.....

if there ia another podded round to come, ignore this message.

oh, good idea, I "acquired" pitlane3's scx seat cupra, sort of. More i just like the scx seat and the livery is great rather then actually "acquiring" it

:)

round 9 cancelled

That's a shame, after all the expectations and preparations. Couldn't Round 10 at Nimrod's be run first and then the cars returned to Terry to finish off? I know I'm not involved in the Podded series but it seems to me that everyone's entered for a ten round event and cutting it short after having come so close is .......... :)

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

I've just emailed aastes to see if I can run this round when the HSC is done(3 weeks I think),quite happy to do that,but time has got away a bit and I don't know how that will effect others.

Terry

I can run it here if that helps?

And then drop the cars off to Slittlehales for his rnd.

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

This has nothing to do with Terry or his round, i just want my car sent home.

The whole point of the proxy it to have a bit of fun, having your car race against others from around the country, this year with the acusations against my car, it's tyres and by those two things, me, along with not being able to even drive my car at the vic rounds, it hasn't been much fun at all.

i didn't enter to win anything, there is nothing to win, except as Steve wrote in the blurb, bragging rights, and from what's gone on this year it's clear others need/want it more than me, so they can have it.

this may be taken as me just having a sook, or taking my bat and ball, and going home, but i don't really care what others think, i play with slotcars for fun, when it's not fun, i stop, it's the reason i don't race with v32 (not fun!!!!) and why i race with the guys at Ged's (heaps of fun!!!!)

So, Terry, please send my car home, i want to have some fun with it!

I think its fair and reasonable to not drive your own car in a round of the proxy. Too many possibilities, so just avoid it. When that situation arose in the proxy rounds we held in SA the driver in question was substituted.

As for the other stuff, Ive been dishing it up to Manimmal, all in good fun. Im sure hes taken it that way. Not sure whos been dishing it up in the podded threads, havent been reading them as closely...and Im the attention seeker.....go figure?? Hang in there, 2 more rounds.

cheers

rick1776

Sheeez guys, I thought we were in this proxy just for fun and enjoyment of the hobby. That's why I sent my car some 6,000km away to have it run in a race driven by total strangers. Never thought it'd turn into a battle field for a slanging match between some overgrown kids who are just like me who enjoy playing with toy racing cars. Come 'on guys, let's cut the B.S. and get on with the serious fun business of slot car racing. This is not doing the hobby any favours. :lol:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Sheeez guys, I thought we were in this proxy just for fun and enjoyment of the hobby. That's why I sent my car some 6,000km away to have it run in a race driven by total strangers. Never thought it'd turn into a battle field for a slanging match between some overgrown kids who are just like me who enjoy playing with toy racing cars. Come 'on guys, let's cut the B.S. and get on with the serious fun business of slot car racing. This is not doing the hobby any favours. :lol:

:lol:

@Terry are you still running the rnd, or is it cancelled.

As in a previous post i can run the rnd if your having difficulties. :lol:

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Initially,after the cars arrived late,my first objective was to get this event run as quickly as possible,bearing in mind that all my "drivers" live a good hour from here,they all work and have got work and family committments,so it wasn't easy to get the guys quickly together,certainly not enough to run the day properly anyway.

Without considering what was going on here,I tabled the meet to happen tomorrow,right in the midst of my daughters HSC exams.

Of course this all produced the obvious effect where my wife and I had a fairly vigorous conversation about all sorts of issues,I was not winning this one by the way!

Once I realised that the race day was not going to happen and understand by now I'm in a fairly excitable state,I shoot off an email to aastes,basically cancelling the round.

In hindsight I shouls have drawn breath,walked around the block a few times and considered alternatives.

Now,lets cut to the chase.

In conjunction with aastes,(he is the series director),I have offered to still run this round,therefore letting the series run its course,albeit at a dramatically revised schedule.

You will have to bear with me here guys,the race will be run but at this stage I cannot give a firm date,HSC stuff ceases in 2 weeks.

I will not comment on some of the comments made recently,it goes without saying that this years proxy has left some with a sour taste,what a pity,like many others I get so much out of my toy cars,its a pity to see things turn s**t for some.

Terry

Edited by terry

I think its fair and reasonable to not drive your own car in a round of the proxy. Too many possibilities, so just avoid it. When that situation arose in the proxy rounds we held in SA the driver in question was substituted.

As for the other stuff, Ive been dishing it up to Manimmal, all in good fun. Im sure hes taken it that way. Not sure whos been dishing it up in the podded threads, havent been reading them as closely...and Im the attention seeker.....go figure?? Hang in there, 2 more rounds.

Thats right Rick, at least your lame jokes were dished up on the forum, the gutless wonders that have been making accusations against mine and chris's cars don't even have the acorns to say it publicly.

It has gotten so bad that the organiser for this year has withdrawn his car, and wants pretty much nothing to do with the series. (he must be a sook to hey shame??)

as for me, i've abided by the not driving my own car rule, even though i don't agree with it.

but as they say, "if you don't like it, don't enter", so i'll withdraw my car

Sheeez guys, I thought we were in this proxy just for fun and enjoyment of the hobby. That's why I sent my car some 6,000km away to have it run in a race driven by total strangers. Never thought it'd turn into a battle field for a slanging match between some overgrown kids who are just like me who enjoy playing with toy racing cars. Come 'on guys, let's cut the B.S. and get on with the serious fun business of slot car racing. This is not doing the hobby any favours. :angry:

your right chenglaw, this can't be doing the dupr any favors at all, the organiser from this year, and last year, plus the guy winning the podded class not wanting to have anything to do with it, some people must be very proud of themselves.

again, my car has been withdrawn from the last two rounds.

p.m. sent Terry.

at the end of the day the idea is friendly competition, based on a set of rules available to all. at commencement all cars get scrutineered, and that's that - with the exception of ground clearance which is of course going to change. For the likes of Brett and myself although the majority say 'far out that's a good car, wish mine was that good', too often what we have heard is an insinuation we have cheated, or that it's all about the Ortmann tyres.

For those who have an issue with Ortmanns i offer this; they are referred to as 'old ortmanns' because they have been around for years, anybody could have run them in the past, but didn't.

As for not being in the spirit of the rules, other than 'stick it up your @$$' i offer this; only one car can win, and i didn't complain last year when i came last. This is because i entered to be part of something, to build something cool and to make friends in different areas that i otherwise would not know. i learned from my mistakes and built a better car for my second attempt, which had the flow on affect of improving my building skills in general. This to me is what the spirit of the proxy is, or should be.

Thanks to Sidecar Steve and Aastes for your efforts in running the two proxy events i have so far entered, and thanks to Espsix, Aastes, Slittlehales and Sidecar steve for allowing me to either drive or marshall at their rounds during this time. I'll be back next year hopefully with just the one class and we can race together and enjoy/cringe at our respective efforts.

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

For those who have an issue with Ortmanns i offer this; they are referred to as 'old ortmanns' because they have been around for years, anybody could have run them in the past, but didn't.

I am really confused about a lot of what has obviously gone on in the background over the last two series, I just enter a car and worry about mine not other peoples. However if there really has been consternation in 2009 over the use of "old" receipe Ortmann tyres can I just say that I ran exactly those tyres in both the 2008 and 2007 Proxy. Ok last year I finished third but in my first year I was nowhere and neither year can I remember any complaints about the tyres. Frankly while those older grey dust concoctions might contribute slightly more grip than the new Ortmann compound we are talking degrees and if the old style were that great surely I would have done better in the last two years or maybe it's my lousy car building that's to blame, must be because I am coming in stone cold last this year, oh hang on I just realised I'm using the new Ortmann compound on this year's car.........finally an excuse for the appalling result.