Non-podded Round 9 Gotham Park

boss302

Hi Everyone,

Next round of the non-podded class is at Gotham Park this Tuesday night.

I have just qualified the cars - results below. Just a couple of observations - some of the rear tyres are getting a bit low on some of the cars. And the Moslers - well they are all pretty good but there are a couple of Ferraris and a Supra that might surprise!!

The Stig 5.879 Very fast but hard to be consistent

Chenglaw 5.88 Excellent

Lennybroke 5.922 Very nice - can do same times lap after lap.

Terry 5.928 Great car - more to come.

Ronan 5.98 Excellent car.

Manimal 6.031 Fast but quite a few de-slots. Very deep guide could be an issue on undulations.

Haystack 6.055 Easy to lap quickly - nice car.

Wizardgm 6.084 Surprise last lap time. Quite concistent

Rick1776 6.176 Very good - should do well.

Hoffy 6.179 Should be quicker. Had several de-slots.

Triggy 6.222 Nice to drive. Should be in top half.

Bantoft 6.224 No power down low - hard to drive.

Jas 6.228 Easy to drive.

Oldslot 6.229 Nice to drive - big body probably holds it back.

Imkouwl 6.325 Nice!

Littlehales 6.33 Too much grunt for my tight track

Dave G 6.393 Nice to drive - little bit tailly.

Gah5 6.429 Reasonably good - occassional shudder on corners

Devious 6.437 Consistent - easy to drive.

Sidecar 6.446 Nothing down low.

Datto16 6.45 Chatter on corners but easy to drive.

Tasracer 6.503 Close - slides on LH corners too much

Nimrod 6.523 More grip needed

Antony 6.541 Hard to drive.

Homer 6.656 Gear loose after qualifying - will fix for race.

Mexico 6.779 Shudders quite a lot - tyres not glued.

BMR 6.795 No grip. Rear tyres very small.

Hi Everyone,

Next round of the non-podded class is at Gotham Park this Tuesday night.

I have just qualified the cars - results below. Just a couple of observations - some of the rear tyres are getting a bit low on some of the cars. And the Moslers - well they are all pretty good but there are a couple of Ferraris and a Supra that might surprise!!

Gah5 6.429 Reasonably good - occassional shudder on corners

Last i heard the tires needed re-glueing, is it possible that this can be done? or is it a case of too much grip?

Cheers

Glenn

Will fix Glen. RR is unglued. Surprisingly it doesn't slow it down too much. Quite a nice car really. Just a little slow on the long straight but a nice car to drive.

Great...its been really good watching the proxy run, being run and a little gratifying the car is going ok mid-field..can't ask for more than that in a first proxy.

Cheers

Glenn

Hey Boss302,

Can you get some drone cars to do about 1000 laps on each lane before Tuesday night just to rubber up the track. Actually Ive changed my mind, just use Lenny's car to do the 4000 laps to clean the lanes up. ;):unsure::);)

So changing tatics Rick ???

Obviously the "incentive bonus's" not working!!!

Question for the South Island residents.... What is the track surface at Gotham Park and the previous round ?

At the earlier rounds my car had poor grip on the ferrodore tracks particularly at Harvey Valley where my cars ultragrips were picking up a lot of "tyre rubble" from the track. it seems to me that the Tassie tracks surfaces is kinder to the super grips.

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Hi Phil

Without getting too far ahead of my self, it looks like the super grips work better on the satin finish track surfaces than the more abrasive Ferrodore tracks. Looking back at Terrys track that is satin finish as well where my results picked up also

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Hmmm, less than a second covering the top to bottom qualifier. Looks like another tough one on the cards. Just hope my Mosler can maintain its form for this last couple of races.

Hey Rick, when is that "accident" to Mani going to take place? :)

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Lim,

Like I saidf before, I forgot that Tassie doesnt use Australian currency so my cheque bounced. Looks like manimmal has it in the bag :D

Surely you're not going to let a minor predicament like that get in the way of winning this series, are you? :rolleyes: Man, I'm sure you're more resourceful than that! :D:lol:

Lim

Hey, thanks Phil. You're really on the ball with the race results. And thanks to Boss for hosting this round and all the proxy drivers. ;) Well done Rick, Ronan and Manimal. Rick, maybe your cheque didn't bounce afer all! :lol: Looks like the Mosler brigade is on the move again. Can't say too much about my Mosler, though - qualified second and finished tenth. B) But there's still one more race to go at Shelmore Park. Good luck to everyone for that. :)

Edited by chenglaw

Lim

Littlehales car suffered a 'diff' failure. The gear lost one tooth on lane 3 and strated to sound rough and 'spat' the rest on lane 4.

Homers car appears to have wooded rear tyres,must have got them from Sports Racer.

For interest we ran my 2006 Proxy mosler at the rear of the field, it did 112 laps,3 more than it did on the same track in 2006, the car is unchanged from 2006 and the NZ proxy race other than rear tyres. the better lap score is probably due to consistant drivers. The fastest time this year was slower,probably due to the motor being a little tired after 2 proxy races! This year Old slots car is 10 laps better. So while no great improvements have been made with the cars the tuning and tyres on the field as a group appears to have improved greatly.

This is great as it is what proxy racing is really about.

2006 results

Edited by kalbfellp

Hi PHil

Thanks to everyone involved in running this round so well, an abject lesson in how to run a proxy round efficiently run quick result posting and no bovine exhaust.

BUt why did you have to let HIM win of all people, he'll be insufferable now. Fortunately I'm off to Singapore next week so won't have to put up with HIM at the club next week.

Well done to Ronan and Manimal on their podium spots. and congratulations to Mannimal as I guess that result will seal the series win for him.

Cheers Alan.

ps Good onya Rick well deserved win there Mate :nice:

i wish it was sealed!!!!

had to laugh to see rick gain about 1/2 a point on me though. you need bigger cheques!!!!

thanks very much to all the guys that made it happen, congrats to Rick too, and Ronan, looks like Ronan would have had it but for a slower run in lane 3 - sure rick's not complaining!!!!!

what happened with the stig?

roll on round 10, my fingers are firmly crossed!!!!!

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

I thought you guys said the "incentive" cheque bounced?? ;) And ya still let me win. :) Cant question your honesty down there, thanks guys.

Well done Ronan, go team Mosler :) and well done to that other guy in third place....cant remember his name :nice: :lol:

Didnt look like my car was setting any lane on fire with lap times. Was it consistent and easy to drive with not a lot of offs?

PS Dont worry Lenny. I'll remind ya of the results when ya get back. What about last Mondays enduro results. Im on a roll!! I score my best results when I let other people drive for me.

Edited by rick1776

cheers

rick1776

I thought you guys said the "incentive" cheque bounced?? :P And ya still let me win. :) Cant question your honesty down there, thanks guys.

Well done Ronan, go team Mosler :) and well done to that other guy in third place....cant remember his name :nice: :lol:

Didnt look like my car was setting any lane on fire with lap times. Was it consistent and easy to drive with not a lot of offs?

PS Dont worry Lenny. I'll remind ya of the results when ya get back. What about last Mondays enduro results. Im on a roll!! I score my best results when I let other people drive for me.

Congrats to Ronan and Manimmal, oh and to rick1776 YOU CHEAPSKATE Incentive cheque he said .....beauty I thought, slotties all round!!! ;)

No way!!! Still, we had some beaut triple layer cake for supper, so all good. ;)

Chris

H.M.C.C

i wish it was sealed!!!!

had to laugh to see rick gain about 1/2 a point on me though. you need bigger cheques!!!!

thanks very much to all the guys that made it happen, congrats to Rick too, and Ronan, looks like Ronan would have had it but for a slower run in lane 3 - sure rick's not complaining!!!!!

what happened with the stig?

roll on round 10, my fingers are firmly crossed!!!!!

That's true! It certainly was a close run event for me! Thanks guys for another great round and congrats to Rick, at least I was beaten by another DHL Mosler! :nice:

IMO the track lacked the grip that it had for qualifying and I think that certainly effected the results of the early runners, I was the fourth guy to run each car and some certainly lacked the grip that they seemed to have on lane one.

Probably needed more WD40! :D lenny's and stigs cars both lacked grip, from what I can remember.

Ricks car did not appear to be fast but the results speak for themselves.

Ronans and Dave Grays cars IMO should have marginally better scores, but got caught up in some carnage.