New Cars

Dwanted1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny I was going to say is it the Brut but then thought against it.

Sweet looking car... looks unreal (even if it isn't identical to the original)....

You must have got this from someone internationally as it's not available in Oz until the tomorrow at the earliest (well last I heard was the 23 Oct but more likely to be the 26th or 27th).

Are you going to get the Blue Mustang special edition from inaslot?

Got the Brut mustang off of ebay.Yeah i will get them all one day(or die trying).I think the #1,#3,camaro 350 ss & mustang street cars will be the hardest to get for me.Having no luck with them at all.

After the following cars,preferably in mint condition:-C2545,C2510,C2890.Also after any American or Aussie muscle cars.Email me Dwanted1@hotmail.com if you can help,thanks in advance,Tomi.

Slot car racing is much like sex,everyone thinks they are good at it.

I'll admit that I had immense trouble finding and fulfilling my requirement for those models.

The most likely place is eBay UK.

I'll offer some more tips in that I acquired the #3 via a Make an Offer for a Buy It Now item that was accepted (amazing what some people will accept after there is no interest in a Buy It Now Item).

I was also fortunate to secure a private sale on the #1, #7, SS and Street via a UK eBay seller who was selling them individually and the seller shipped them for free (what I'm saying here is don't be afraid to make an offer - obviously there is some risk involved in undertaking this!!!).

I'm now going to have to wait for the Brut to arrive in Oz.......

I'll admit that I had immense trouble finding and fulfilling my requirement for those models.

The most likely place is eBay UK.

I'll offer some more tips in that I acquired the #3 via a Make an Offer for a Buy It Now item that was accepted (amazing what some people will accept after there is no interest in a Buy It Now Item).

I was also fortunate to secure a private sale on the #1, #7, SS and Street via a UK eBay seller who was selling them individually and the seller shipped them for free (what I'm saying here is don't be afraid to make an offer - obviously there is some risk involved in undertaking this!!!).

I'm now going to have to wait for the Brut to arrive in Oz.......

Thanks for the tips Mark,will try ebay uk.I'll get them sooner or later.

After the following cars,preferably in mint condition:-C2545,C2510,C2890.Also after any American or Aussie muscle cars.Email me Dwanted1@hotmail.com if you can help,thanks in advance,Tomi.

Well done guy's, the makings of an awsome collection..

Thanks David.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd upload some photo's of the Brut 33 - didn't really get that much chance to be creative with the limited amount of time I had...

Brut3.jpg

Brut2.jpg

Brut1.jpg

As you can see Allan is trying to get away from a spot of bother from the EU police....(thankfully only the Range Rover has noise).

Brut4.jpg

I'll post some pictures up in the next week of the new Scalextric Street Mustang (Blue Ltd Edition)...

Cheers

Mark

Edited by miveson

That collection is growing Mark,nice.

• 2 weeks later...

And here is the limited edition Chrome Tag Mustang in Blue (beautiful looking car - very impressed by it's appearance... if you collect Stangs then this has to be on the must have list) 1500 made and selling slowly... :sleep2:

Mustang.jpg

I'll get the real camera out on the weekend and take some better shots (rather than using the kids camera).

Cheers

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of new cars in the collection.The scaley mustang/camaro collection is almost complete :( .

DSC01963.jpg

DSC01964.jpg

DSC01965.jpg

DSC01966.jpg

cheers

Tomi.

I do like the road cars. Although the white mustang looks a little plain beside the 302s.

What will you do when you catch up on the released ones??

Cheers

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I do like the road cars. Although the white mustang looks a little plain beside the 302s.

What will you do when you catch up on the released ones??

Cheers

Embs

Good question Embs,will prolly try to collect some of the Fly cars i like & also some of the other brand muscle cars.

i dont know the exchange rate but i never pay more than 40 for a scalectric and i get carrera for 32 to 36 american and i can tell you were my good buddy at carrera slots.com

Most of the cars were atleast $50AU when released,doubt you'd find any of them for under that price these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Two more Camaro cars for the collection...... (only 3 to go and they are on their way.......) and yes the #13 looks absolutely fantastic, the #19 is pretty ordinary looking and looks very, very rushed (real shame we couldn't of had a better livery car but who am I to decide)...

Camaro1.jpg

Camaro2.jpg

Camaro3.jpg

Camaro4.jpg

Camaro5.jpg

Camaro6.jpg

Camaro7.jpg

Camaro8.jpg

Camaro9.jpg

Camaro10.jpg

the #19 is pretty ordinary looking and looks very, very rushed (real shame we couldn't of had a better livery car but who am I to decide)...

Nothing wrong with modelling a car that is not an oil painting. It looks pretty hot to me. Wish I had the talent.

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto.

My poor Krell!

After a million years of shining sanity...

they could hardly have understood what power was destroying them.

The #13 is sure to be a fantastic seller - I might even get around to some photo's of it with the #7 and #76 later in the week.

Reviewing the photo's that I rushed last night whilst the wife was rolling her eyes and complaining about my 2 slot cars a week addiction, I'm going to have to re-take some of the photo's with a better depth of field as the driver is blurry in quite a few photos.

I'm now going to have to patiently (as if) wait for the Torana and the Notchbacks which have a slight chance of making under the xmas tree.

Mark

They both look good to me Mark.Have you got the whole collection now?cheers

Tomi.

3 to go... (and these will arrive late next week if I'm lucky)

C2890 #83 Mustang

C2896 #1 Camaro

C2891 #88 Camaro

Oh and of course the Range Presentation from 2003 but I'd rather spend the money on other cars than fork out for that one.

Once it's all here (still have 2 cars sitting on a ship from the UK) I'll do a mega post with pictures of everything.

Apologies for hijacking your thread....

Hi Guys,

Just a few pictures of my Bobby Allison AMC Matador NASCAR. It runs on a ProTrack 1/24 hardbody chassis. It has a Cheetah II motor and Plafit axles, wheels and tyres. The body was painted and the decals placed by Plucka from WSMCR at Ingleburn. It just needs the wheel inserts fitted and the chassis sorted. This is the first time I have used a ProTrack chassis, if it doesn't work out I will fit a Plafit. The ProTrack is VERY light and allows you to place weight where you want it.

The last picture is a preview of my next project. Yes that is "4" Pro Slot Eurosport 47,000rpm motors. I was going to use 4 Parma S16D's but they were too big!!!

Matador01.jpg

Matador02.jpg

Matador03.jpg

Tommy01.jpg

My poor Krell!

Bulsara - you certainly don't do anything by halves. I love the paint scheme on the Matador (ignoring the bleeding ). Is that Mr Blobby in the drivers seat.

I'd hate to see how fast that 4 motor car (if you'd call it that) will go. I'm really struggling to picture how you would drive each of the wheels with their own motor.

Bulsara - you certainly don't do anything by halves. I love the paint scheme on the Matador (ignoring the bleeding ). Is that Mr Blobby in the drivers seat.

I'd hate to see how fast that 4 motor car (if you'd call it that) will go. I'm really struggling to picture how you would drive each of the wheels with their own motor.

No it's not Mr Blobby, it's Jason Bargwanna. Sorry Jason. I will install a better interior when I get a chance. It's what I had on hand.

The picture I posted of the layout of the 4 engine thing does not really demo the final setup. There will be two pairs of engines inline (connected by a Fly front motor driveshaft spring) driving the front and rear axles, ie. there are two inline connected motors per axle. Thank goodness it is only meant to run in a straight line.

Hope this clears it up, it is the same layout as the original car. Just Google 'Tommy Ivo' to find the original. The man himself is a very interesting dude.

My poor Krell!