Ember

What Controller?

I am trying to get an idea of how a standard PM electronic controller differs from the SCP-1 in terms of basic operation? for example the SCP-1 has a range of adjustments which seem to be geared to tuning it to run different cars etc... it would seem that some cars run better in one mode or with the dial turned up or down etc. How does the PM controller handle different cars? - Is it just a better version of a Parma controller?

Does the SCP-1 have a mode that makes it work like a standard PM controller - is this the basic linear mode?

thanks

DM

yes it does

Wolf in sheeps clothing could be the next ninco controller they bring out, its electronic but am waiting to see if its adaptable to other tracks.

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

I own a PM controller with adjustable sensitivity and brakes.

It will tame those cars that are fitted with the ff motor but will let you run a S16D powered car straight after,just adjust a knob.

I have played with the slotit controller and found it had a nice action but too many knobs that need adjusting to get an effect like the two on the PM

The slotit controller was by comparison much more complex,unecessarily so IMHO.

No doubt once you get used to the slotit controller it will be a great unit but then I havent had time to get my pilots licence either.

regards

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

I've just hooked up a couple of Parma ecconomy's to my track for my Nephews to use this afternoon. I had a go at one after using the Slot.it for the last few months and I have to say the Slot.it really is a BIG improvement over the Parmas, and they themselves are a big improvement over the basic scaley controllers.

The trigger action is so much smoother it's not funny. The spring is ligher because it doesn't have have to overcome the wiper friction, so you you make micro adjustments much easier. The brake and sensitivity knobs are great because each car is different and it's a quick job to find the right settings.

I know it's a complex looking thing with the other knobs and dip switches, but I leave it on the same curve function and that works for me for 95% of my cars, so it's just the sensitivity mainly that I adjust. I like the curve feature because you get good control for most of the trigger range and then full power over the last little bit of trigger for the straights. I know it aint cheap at $160 - but for me it was worth it.

GZ, I thnk Chris has been on holidays for the last week. I'm not sure if he's back on Monday, but he's probably got a shipping backlog, so it might be a little longer wait than usual. But it'll definitely be worth the wait :o

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction