josh777

Work Shop

thaks im a beginner and what size router bit do i need. i read its 4x8 is that right

Change the 4 to a 3 and you are on the money....

regards

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

what do you mean im on the money
=about right

re track design base the track design/layout on what space you have available

regards

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

thanks and what do you mean im on the money

Its a horse racing term and/or a stockmarket term. It means you have backed the right horse, or picked the right stock. i.e. You are correct in your decision.

cheers

rick1776

cool i understand now. whats easyer making a table for your track to go on or just get wall papering tables??

It's all down to space available and cost. Price a sheet of MDF (or chipboard in the UK) then the tables and work it out. The tables are precut,smaller and maybe easier to transport. Table tennis tables also work but are a specific size which maybe to big. MDF is more versatile, if space is a premium, you may even find a place where they will cut it to size for you.

There is a guy called Luf from Canada who sells a track routing kit (routing guide and video) which is highly recommended by everyone who has it. I think he also has all the bits as well

Outside the box looking in.

------------------------------------

You don't own stuff: Stuff owns you!

------------------------------------

Having a cold drink on hot day with a few friends is nice, but having a hot friend on a cold night after a few drinks - PRICELESS.

My brother and I started with a small track on a 4'x8' sheet of MDF - made a design that would fit and routed a 2 lane track - we used this as a test bed to learn about the whole process. Then I designed a track that would fit the space I had and made it.

you can get lots of ideas from the track section of this forum and the internet...

here are a couple of sites

http://www.slotracing.oxyhost.com/trackbuild/index.htm

http://www.outriggercanoe.com/mypics/2005_1.html

http://www.oldslotracer.com/

cheers

DM

thanks ill try that because i dont wonna do anything to complicated and as i said im a biginner and i just need to get use to it and BNQ i dont know if you have heard of the place because im in engalnd and they cut it to size for you.