smallnails

Brand New Hammer Ring!

Allll right.........................so i might have told a porky pie!

I have been quietly (probably not so quiet according to neighbours) working on a brand spanking new track, i kept it quiet for about 4mths whilst working on it off and on.

I asked someone else for a bit of advice and the cat was out of the bag as his lips flapped to someone else what was going on!!!!!

So here is the first piccy of many of my new track,

Image035.jpg

inspiring isnt it

album_ok.gifalbum_ok.gifalbum_ok.gif

Nothing is sacred in Tassie Brad it's a small town lol . And by the way Nobody told me and I told nobody and nobody told anybody so nobody should know :D

Edited by Slider

None of us know anything about a rumour of a new Hammer Ring. <_<

In fact, what was/is/will be a Hammer Ring, and who is that "tacker maker" you're talking about, I've never heard of him.... :D

4 months . . . . 4 months . . . . . and the MDF is still naked...... get a wriggle on, we're waiting for results - too much talking on forum and not enough woodworking, that's yer problem mate. I could recommend you a good power tools salesman if you're short in that department. :lol::lol::lol:

Hey Slider, good to see you stranger, you've been quieter than a churchmouse in recent months

BWHAHAHAHAHAH!

Wow, that looks surprisingly good.

Will there be cries of 'UNDER THE BRIDGE, UNDER THE BRIDGE'

Time will tell....

Hey Slider, good to see you stranger, you've been quieter than a churchmouse in recent months

Hey SlotsNZ

I've been as busy as a lizard drinking water with my shop to a point of crazyness .

And i gave my track away to a mate :D

I only get out for a race about once a month

Cheers slider

BWHAHAHAHAHAH!

Wow, that looks surprisingly good.

Will there be cries of 'UNDER THE BRIDGE, UNDER THE BRIDGE'

Time will tell....

Gday slotsnz!

about 4mths ago my wife had number bubs no #2, this has somewhat haampered my time in the shed, its been a big job just getting it to this stage!

As for you Rob, there wont be any calls of under the bridge unless your car fails there or the track does, theres no squeeze under the bridge, theres no corner leading into the bridge.

I really didnt want to show anyone the track or design until it was almost complete, just didnt want a whole host of "helpful comments" to distract me from building a track that i wholly and solely designed, also didnt want certain people pointing out mistakes or the rest of it!

No doubt in my mind there will be whining as always tho...........eeeeewwww............you made that corner toooo tight...............eeeeeew i dont like the bridge................eeeewwwwww you need to do this or that...........................Brian knows exactly what i mean seeing as he was the last track builder in the club.......

As for you Rob, there wont be any calls of under the bridge unless your car fails there or the track does, theres no squeeze under the bridge, theres no corner leading into the bridge.

Will Fly Racing Trucks fit under the bridge? Both directions? And upside down with downforce (or upforce) equivalent to an F1 car?

If not.. FAIL!

Nah, all jokes aside, looks very good mate, and just keep building at your own pace, and the hell with everyone else! It's your track, you're designing it and routing it for yourself.

You should have gone 4 lanes though..... I'm kidding! :D

I look forward to turning some laps around there whenever.

Not to be pickie buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut,

isn't the bridge a tad low?????????? :P:P:P

Edited by slots

Stu

Old racers race harder

Looks to me like it should be a track with plenty of room for fun.

Relax and enjoy the build.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

"No doubt in my mind there will be whining as always tho...........eeeeewwww............you made that corner toooo tight...............eeeeeew i dont like the bridge................eeeewwwwww you need to do this or that...........................Brian knows exactly what i mean seeing as he was the last track builder in the club....... "

So.... I'll keep my mouth shut then shall I...... :P

Edited by datto16

"When you're racing, it's life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting"

2.4metres wide and 4.9long from memory

And you wont have to worry about colors as you are color blind anyway Slider.

Do you like my yellow undercoat?

Do you like my yellow undercoat?

yes i do it looks great .

I shall ring you tomorrow and meet up with at some time

cheers slider

ps the under coat looks blue if you ask me

Worked on the track over the weekend! Got more little inconsistencies out of a few of the corners where bog had come away during routing of the recess for the braid.

I suppose thats the good thing about undercoating, it shows up pretty quickly where you need to do more work before the topcoat goes on!