kalbfellp

Non Podded Rd 8

The cars were delivered earlier this week and I managed to get time to unpack them today.

Have only done a couple of laps to see that they all run,littlehales car now has plentry of go thanks to my allen ket to tighten the diff!

I will check and clean the braids before I deliver the cars to J.B. on Tuesday,ready for the next round at his track.

jb1-big.jpg

Not sure but may run this round a little early to suit drivers ETC.

Edited by kalbfellp

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

The cars were delivered earlier this week and I managed to get time to unpack them today.

Have only done a couple of laps to see that they all run,littlehales car now has plentry of go thanks to my allen ket to tighten the diff!

I will check and clean the braids before I deliver the cars to J.B. on Tuesday,ready for the next round at his track.

jb1-big.jpg

Not sure but may run this round a little early to suit drivers ETC.

Thanks Phil, glad it was something simple.

"Brakes? they are the enemy of speed" Juha Kankunen

Martini Racing

Cars For Sale

I have aquestion for ALL the people who have hosted previous rounds for the non podded cars.

Was the clearance of these cars checked to see if they complied with the 1.6mm clearance?

Six of the cars that arrived here do not have clearance IN FRONT of the guide! This cannot be due to tyre wear,so I would assume that either the guides have worn down a lot or the cars have never had enought clearance.

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

If its manimal's and hoffy's cars I say ban them from racing Phil :nice: If its mine, the cheque is in the post and you didnt see a thing wink wink. :redbounce:

Really depends on how forceful we want to implement the rules. Some people have already copped 25 lap penalties and I must admit that there were quite a few cars that I wouldnt have passed as OK when we ran the round at BMR's track. But as Im sure aastes has found out, if you enforce the rules half the crowd will complain and say its too strict. If you dont enforce the rules the ones that have built "legal" cars will complain. A loses lose situation no matter how you deal with it.

cheers

rick1776

You're out of luck Rick, my car was 1.6 (and a bee's dick) at the front at proxy start, if anything it'll be more by now ;)

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

I paid good money to have your car accidentally dropped while marshalling. B) Looks like Ive blown my dough ;)

Just cant get good help these days. ;)

cheers

rick1776

When the cars were here for my round I only remember checking the rears,probably should have done both, however the arguments were running thick and fast about rears been too low on some cars, and that was where my attention was.

I don't agree that checking for car height is a lose lose situation,rules are rules,and if some can go to the trouble of adhering to the guidelines then why can't others?

My car copped penalties and that was a fair cop,don't see any reason not to penalise cars that are not up to spec.

Terry

Edited by terry

I have aquestion for ALL the people who have hosted previous rounds for the non podded cars.

Was the clearance of these cars checked to see if they complied with the 1.6mm clearance?

Six of the cars that arrived here do not have clearance IN FRONT of the guide! This cannot be due to tyre wear,so I would assume that either the guides have worn down a lot or the cars have never had enought clearance.

First round they were checked and the owners of cars that were too low were contacted and cars corrected.

I am completely and utterly over that F@#$%^&g rule and all the crap that follows it around.

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=102949

First round they were checked and the owners of cars that were too low were contacted and cars corrected.

I am completely and utterly over that F@#$%^&g rule and all the crap that follows it around.

http://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=102949

Ditto on that

Just 1.7 seconds between top and bottom qualifiers and only 0.22 separating the top five. Looks like another tough close race coming up. Congrats to Stig and Terry and good luck All! :) It's shaping up for an exciting finish in the run-up to the final races of the DUPR 2009. :D

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Howdy

Thanks for Qualifying the cars, 4th so far ! Here's hoping it will carry over to something good in the race.

Uhmm are we missing a car from Qualifying? a certain Aston Martin?

Cheers Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Hi all, just a few notes I recorded when I went round to JB's place last night to assist him with the qualifying; times already posted by Phil.

Firstly, track was packed by JB with some stockers, after the tyres were given a quick cleaning blast ( literally, BLAST washup liquid)in approved fashion. :)

Fly LOLA T70, Ninco slicks, Scalex Sport 18k 5.809 / Ninco BMW M3, NC-5 6.050 / Fly Racing FERRARI F40, NSR Fly Racing 5.697, ..so what was said...

Homer----Lack of traction in general, powerful motor, drives a bit rough

Mexico----Low level of traction, plenty of power

Terry n----Good traction, tall gear, taily at the limit, car drives well

The Stig----Overpowered this track,peaky power,snaps out of corners Will do well if drivers keep heads

Devious D----Car was rough, lump of lead fell out, car lost drive out of corner. Reglued, reset car much more balanced, still lacks some traction

Haystack---- Motor soft, car chatters exiting corners on limit.

Dave g----Power good, slides, controllable, smooth but slides

Chenglaw----Flighty,bit of gear noise(seems ok) cocks inside rear, corners on 1 wheel. Could go faster

lenny br----Good grip, carries speed thru corners well, zingy power

rick1776---- Skatey, lack of grip , chatters and becomes taily (yes rick, tyres are still well glued)

Hoffy----Overgeared/powered this track, low traction, light in front (you can see the nose lift under power)

Jas----Skatey, lack of grip, axle tramps out of corners, but seems not far off

Oldslot----Skatey, controllable drifter, zingy motor, but just lacks that bit of bite on exit

Gah5----Skatey, powerful, taily, tyres not glued

Imkouwl----Tyres soft, starting to blister, smooth car, low traction

Tazracer----Hangs in slot, bit taily, low traction

Datto16----Tyres 'grunt'in corners, tryyiing to grip, will be in it

Wizardgm----Point and squirt, power comes on savage, overpowered this track

BMR----Rubber band fronts kept trying to peel off in corners, tyres went eggy, car kangaroo'd on straits

Nimrod----Car seems to "drag it's rear"round the track, wishy/washy in corners Can push it

slittlehales----Good grip, then little more power and POW. Doesn't carry speed thru coner, but goes hard.Seems lite

Sidecar s----Just a bit more grip, would be fast. Should race well

Ronan----Abit more grip, will be fast. Nuetral handler

Triggy---- Too much car in all respects. Overwhelmed this track

Manimmal----All car, but possibly not this track. Can be driven smooth with effort. Car lite

Antony---- Little bit rough and taily

Generally noted that

All cars, have SQUARE shouders on tyres(Ferrodore??)

Lots of cars with no restriction/damping of front axle movement, dont like the continued change of direction

Lighter powerful cars struggle with carrying speed thru corners. This track very much smooth/rhythm/flow ...

For comparison, after quals, we reran the track packers and a few selected cars to indicate track condition

Fly LOLA T70 5.860 (5.809) Fly Racing F40 5.721(5.697) Terry n 5.989(5.692) lenny br 5.823(5.863) Haystack 5.902(5.871) Manimmal 6.104(6.164)

Totaled @ 350+ laps, @10/15 per car till we could not improve (Trackmate stopped beeping fstest lap)

Good luck All, hope to have more to report come Tuesday :D

Edited by haystack

Chris

H.M.C.C

Quote:"Chenglaw----Flighty,bit of gear noise(seems ok) cocks inside rear, corners on 1 wheel. Could go faster"

I understand the bits about 'gear noise" and "cocks inside rear". But the "Flighty" and "corners on 1 wheel" has got me stumped!. :D For the life of me, I don't know how my Mosler can go round corners on 1 wheel! And does Flighty means it's doing low flying? :):D And, yes man, I'm hoping it'll go a heck of a lot faster!! :D

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Quote:"Chenglaw----Flighty,bit of gear noise(seems ok) cocks inside rear, corners on 1 wheel. Could go faster"

I understand the bits about 'gear noise" and "cocks inside rear". But the "Flighty" and "corners on 1 wheel" has got me stumped!. :D For the life of me, I don't know how my Mosler can go round corners on 1 wheel! And does Flighty means it's doing low flying? :):D And, yes man, I'm hoping it'll go a heck of a lot faster!! :D

Figuratively speaking Lim, trying to convey attitude of car to corner, thru corner and on to next. If front was a little stiffer, and car handled flatter, would be quicker. :D

Chris

H.M.C.C

Just get me in front of Tazracer boy's, thats all I ask..... :D

Has me by about 9 points on the leader board and I'm hoping for a miracle.... :)

"When you're racing, it's life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting"

Has me by about 9 points on the leader board and I'm hoping for a miracle.... :D

Could be good run Tim; Brians car had slightly less grip than your's, and hung on in slot even when sideways, BUT

your car was neater, and trying really hard to grip up making that squeaky grunt thru corners :)

Chris

H.M.C.C

Hmmm..Gah5----Skatey, powerful, taily, tyres not glued somewhere it's lost the glue...

Cheers

Glenn

Has me by about 9 points on the leader board and I'm hoping for a miracle.... :D

Could be good run Tim; Brians car had slightly less grip than your's, and hung on in slot even when sideways, BUT

your car was neater, and trying really hard to grip up making that squeaky grunt thru corners :)

Excellent news...... I'll get HUGE bragging rights if you can gain me a few spots.... :D:D

"When you're racing, it's life, anything that happens before or after is just waiting"

Love to see results like this where some of the cars that haven't been great on a certain style of track shine on another and vice versa. I know its only qualifying but to me a track like this one and oswalds being at the opposite ends of the spectrum in style yet similar in length are exactly the types of tracks we should try to keep in any future events. It makes building a car for the event not only a challenge but also entertaining to follow. It can get a bit dull if the same cars are always at the front. If you build a good car you will still be at the pointy end more often than not but variety adds to the fun.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.