Mustang To Make Nascar Debut

lu05ke

I was just doing the rounds checking Nascar power rankings and came across this...

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/natio...tory?id=4362290

Thought it was worth a mention.

I'm gonna give you an engine low to the ground... extra thick oil pan to cut the wind from underneath you. It'll give you thirty or forty more horsepower. I'm gonna give you a fuel line that'll hold an extra gallon of gas. I'm gonna shave half an inch off you and shape you like a bullet. I'll get you primed, painted and weighed, and you'll be ready to go out on that racetrack. Hear me? You're gonna be perfect!

Harry Hogge (Days of Thunder)

That low frontal area should give it a big advantage, all else being equal.

"Mustang is the most successful product nameplate in racing history," Wolfe said.

Not sure if Enzo would agree on that point?

thats coz they only class the usa as the world

thats coz they only class the usa as the world

Fairly strong point there. Witness: World Series Baseball

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

You cynical buggers..

..just 'cause they were late to the first two World Wars and are doing their best to be the first to the next one..

..anyone would think you didn't like the Tanks? :lol:

Captain's log: We are enroute to some planet whose name I cannot pronounce to do something really complicated that I don't understand.

They have their place. Some one has to keep the Canadians from migrating too far south. They'd melt! ;)

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

"Mustang is the most successful product nameplate in racing history," Wolfe said.

Yeah well, it helped Victa to sell a few lawn mowers. B)

victamower.jpg

this one has the name painted on the front too B)

Edited by lenny broke

Yeah well, it helped Victa to sell a few lawn mowers. B)

victamower.jpg

this one has the name painted on the front too B)

And goes really quick too....

...If you push it fast enough. :D

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Phew. I'm glad someone else thought the same. It does look very 'slottish'

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

I highly doubt that is what the mustang will end up looking like. It is a computer "rendering" Which looks like the current car with a mustang nose blended into it. Supposedly the cars are supposed to be very close to the showroom models, which "enhancements" that aid safety. Will see if that is how it goes. The move to these cars was for the manufacturers who have been annoyed that the only way to tell their car from the others is the stickers.

We will see where these end up, but i would bet the white body challenger is about as close as they get to showroom.

Edited by gzminiz

Maybe closer to this

That is one mean looking machine (Did I say that?) <_<

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Maybe closer to this

That is one mean looking machine (Did I say that?) <_<

You must not have noticed the FORD badge on it ........ either that or your on the turps early this afternoon

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017