• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where are the insider pics Rob?

Dick,

there are no cameras allowed at the Port Melbourne Plaza. :lol:

For those who work there anyway.

Not without authorisation anyway.

Got an acquaintance that works out at the proving ground. Even has to have his phone camera butchered for/by security.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Where are the insider pics Rob?

Dick,

there are no cameras allowed at the Port Melbourne Plaza. :lol:

For those who work there anyway.

Not without authorisation anyway.

Got an acquaintance that works out at the proving ground. Even has to have his phone camera butchered for/by security.

Been there,

done that.

"If one does not fail at times,

then one has not challenged himself."

Ferdinand Porsche

Interesting scenario but certainly not unexpected given Fords decision to support SBR & FPR (what will David Richards be doing to have his team step up to the plate) - us Ford supporters need someone to step in. Its probably an inevitability that with the extra funds now going Triple Eights way that other Holden teams are cut - and that would be a real shame when it comes to GRM who (despite supporting Ford) think that this team do a super job with the resources they have and also have two of the most talented drivers in their camp. I just now have to bear up to the Holden taunts from my brother - being the only Ford supporter in the family - that is going to be huge grief for me.

I was of the understanding also that with Mark Skaifes appointment to the board that (one of his assignments) was to evaluate the option of a alternative formule (4 cylinder turbo 300 bhp) - anyone want to verify that

'The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs - there's also the negative side' - Hunter S Thompson

www.capricornmedia.com.au On-line DVD sales

I think it is largely immaterial which badge you support. This decision is definitely not good for the sport. I was over the moon when Michael Caruso won a race at Hidden Valley. Committed team with 2 young drivers - no one can begrudge seeing that, and I am a Ford fan.

But now, Ford will be weakened, as will the other Holden sponsored teams and we will have a race between 4 very similar liveried cars (HRT and Team Vodafone). I guess we just put up with it but surely even Holden fans would like to see the other Holden based teams doing well, not just HRT and TV.

Wincup was off to Nascar if this didn't happen so that good, Lowndes is back in a Holden so thats good. Holden has too many teams - thats bad, DJR and SBR need to steep up and take the new Falcons that should be on offer next year running the Mustang engine, the GTHO as seen in July edition of Wheels mag, 350KW road car should see the race teams do something with that.

All this is good for Holden but to be good for Motor sport you need competion, is this where Toyota or Dodge enter the scene?

Paul NZ - Scale with Detail!

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Since the V8 Supercars started I have not followed a team but just followed the fastest Ford. I don't blame them for going to Holden if that is where the money is. The racing doesn't interest me like it used to anyway although Bathurst is a must watch as usual.

Herald Sun are already running it:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...6-11088,00.html

Good luck to 888. They have no ties with Ford, so why wouldn't they go where the money is. It happens everywhere else in the world in M/sport, so why not here.

Be interesting to see who the true CL and JW fans are now!

Yep, I agree...

And, on the last point, Yep, I'm still a CL and JW fan (er, well, I'm a bit of a fan of most of 'em, actually). As for the marques, well they've both produced some winners and dungers (in the consumer market) over the years (and I've had my share of 'em) but I drive an old Peugeot now so I don't care...

On the racing side, I can sorta see a move to a NASCAR style Car-of-Tomorrow concept coming within our own little V8 racing series and I couldn't agree more if it happens. The Holden/Ford crap started quite late in Oz touring car history so let's bury it forever.

Go, go, go, the teams and drivers...

Cheers,

Charles

"all I want for my birthdy is another birthdy" Ian Dury...bless 'im.

that would be a real shame when it comes to GRM who (despite supporting Ford) think that this team do a super job with the resources they have and also have two of the most talented drivers in their camp.

I reckon GRM are an essential being in the modern day sport of V8s, Garry Rogers brings in a lot of talent and usually lets it go just as it's about to blossom. Whincup for one.

If one team should survive this turmoil, it should be GRM!

Cheers,

Dick

SCMR build thread

Woodbrook Valley build thread

"A Man's home is his castle, but his garage is his sanctuary!"

and I certainly don't want a weakened ford presence in V8 S.

"badge baiting" is one of the noblest aspects of the entire circus........

.......... The racing doesn't interest me like it used to anyway although Bathurst is a must watch as usual.

Which raises an interesting point......... is there any traditional gathering of slotty-forces on the mountain?

anything planned ? ........ it's coming up 4 years since I last made the pilgrimage to mecca-mountain, must be about time for inventing an excuse to go to Seeeeedney

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

More Red Holdens :) :) :redbounce:

Now just have to get a Dragons Holden :)

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

News just in.....................

The 2010 V8 Supercar series is going to be renamed to the "Commodore Cup" :lol:

That's what worries me! It's like our "Ninco" Aus Rally Proxy over the last couple of years

Normal people worry me

Just look at the impact project Blueprint has had over the last few years;

The real difference between the marques is slowly being eroded anyway, so in real terms I don't think having a 75%-25% split will make a real difference anyway - it is more down to the teams than the manufacturers - just look at the impact pit stop performance and stategy had today at Sandown, for instance.

Not that will ever stop the Red v Blue parochialism - it is fun, but increasingly meaningless (my other car is a 'Vette, so you know where MY loyalities lie - with The General - no question :-).

However, remember the 'Zillas and the gold Sierras - those were fun days, when it was more than just the two V8s. There was a rumour that Dane was going to invite Toyota into the mix, which IMO would have made life very interesting.

Anyway, this is all just a distraction until 2011 or 2012 in any case - will be most interesting to see what Skaife & Co come up with. Lets just hope it makes for entertaining and fair racing, eh?

Cheers,

Simon.

Ahh the controversial move from Ford to Holden by 888. :o

If Ford had done the right thing by one of the best Ford teams in regards to support this may never have happened. :P

I've always been a Lowndes fan since the retirement of Brock, then subsequently his death, however I may find it hard to accept

the change. :D They have such a great team, including two very talented drivers, does Holden want nirvana. :P

Apparently HRT & 888 are the only two teams that Holden are going to sponsor in 2010, I bet the other Holden teams are a

little miffed :) ,to say the least.

I'm not entirely happy about the outcome myself but will continue to follow who I think is the greatest driver since "The King". <_<

My mates will call me a hypocrite as I drive and love Fords but.... B)

Regards,

David & Madeline

• 2 weeks later...

I'm gonna give you an engine low to the ground... extra thick oil pan to cut the wind from underneath you. It'll give you thirty or forty more horsepower. I'm gonna give you a fuel line that'll hold an extra gallon of gas. I'm gonna shave half an inch off you and shape you like a bullet. I'll get you primed, painted and weighed, and you'll be ready to go out on that racetrack. Hear me? You're gonna be perfect!

Harry Hogge (Days of Thunder)

That's what worries me! It's like our "Ninco" Aus Rally Proxy over the last couple of years

Ninco on the day Trig was the better car to set up and drive IMO . I dont think thats the way with Holden . If Ford aren't going to back there best teams as has been said ,so be it, some other manufacturer will pick them up. Are'nt we lucky that they have'nt let Toyota or Mitsubishi in the running. There was also a difference of opinion apparently between Ford and Triple 8 about the Red(Vodafone) colour of the cars ,Ford wanted them with blue as the red of Vodafone was signified with Holden. I didnt see Ford pulling the reigns on Brett Stevens in his drug free days :o:) ,telling him to change colour of his Drag car as there is a Holden in the V8 's running the same livery and they might confuse us with being a Holden.

There would not be to many diehard or would be race fans out there that didn't know what Jamie Whincup and Craig Lowndes drove .As we've said time and time again , it's there job and they will go where the money is rather than loyalty.The only thing I'd be worried about if I was a Ford fan was Jamie Whincup , if he looked at Super Cheap Racing and Paul Morris (bloody Whinger and I'm a Holden Fan) ,more fool him, I'm sure there are better teams (Holden and Ford )that I'd rather go to. How about we just go back to tores and Holden and Ford suplies bodies only ,set the guide lines and let the engineers of the teams come up with the goods .As Triple 8 have proved time and time again and not only here in Oz. TMO

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Interesting comments guys. I don't know about the rest of you but I am a little bored watching the Aussie V8's. I know it unpatriotic to say but there just never seems to be any passing! (there are the contrived ones where someone on a sprint tyre passes by) but other than that there is nothing. Now compare this with the glut of motor sport on one HD and our series is sadly disappointing. Just an observation but maybe the old formula of Ford vs Holden needs a change.

Interesting comments guys. I don't know about the rest of you but I am a little bored watching the Aussie V8's. I know it unpatriotic to say but there just never seems to be any passing! (there are the contrived ones where someone on a sprint tyre passes by) but other than that there is nothing. Now compare this with the glut of motor sport on one HD and our series is sadly disappointing. Just an observation but maybe the old formula of Ford vs Holden needs a change.

HEAR :) BLOODY :o HEAR

Just an observation but maybe the old formula of Ford vs Holden needs a change.

Heres a new formula that was around a few years ago. Let Ford rebadge there cars as Holdens and visa versa with Holden :D . Anyway I think I'd rather watch Mr Ambrose teach those Septics on how to race. Where's Mopar when you need anther make. Alternatively they could always run a "Prius" race for the greenies :alcohol: .

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.